Sunday, March 22, 2015

Home Sweet Home



Well, the final stage of our journey, the drive back to Eagle River. Left Chicago at 6:00 a.m. and we have about a 6 hour drive home. This was a great experience and I met some wonderful people while in China. The hospitality we received was unbelievable and the people from China could not do enough for us. During our journey we have traveled nearly 17,000 miles. 

In the US we don't realize how good we have it compared to what I witnessed in China. A few examples of this include:

  1. Being able to drink tap water; we could not drink water from the faucet (not even to brush our teeth)
  2. No restrictions on our Internet sites
  3. The great conditions of our school buildings compared to China
  4. The number of students in our classrooms compared to the Chinese schools
  5. Being able to see blue skies, the stars and blue water
  6. No smog or pollution
  7. Seeing the woods and forest
  8. The appreciation for nature
  9. Non-crowded streets
  10. It does not take us an hour and a half to go 4 miles during rush hour; we don't even have rush hour!
 I could go on but I think you get the point.  Home sweet home - made it back to Eagle River! We had a great journey, I really missed my family and it is so good to be home! Go Badgers. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such an amazing trip! I think it's great to travel and see different places so we do appreciate all that we have here. My husband and I try to get our girls out town as much as we can just for that reason. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete