Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Educational presentation in Chengdu, China

Things are going very well here and I have great pictures to post.  Unfortunately, due to the Internet issues in China I am not able to post them to my blog.  As I continue through this trip, the difference in Internet freedom really comes through as Facebook, Twitter and Google are all blocked here.  I am realizing how easy it is to take our freedom of technology use in the United States for granted.  That being said, when I get back to the U.S. I will be able to upload all of my pictures into the correct blog dates.  

We had a great morning as we did an educational presentation to over 200 Chinese educators in Chengdu, China.  We presented at and visited a 7-12 school with over 5,000 students.  All students in public schools here wear uniforms to school.  All the educators were very interested in learning more about our teaching practices in the United States.  They would like to start changing their practice and include more technology and tech ed into their daily classroom schedule.  They were very impressed with the Northland Pines School District and our use of technology and the opportunities we provide our students in the tech ed area.


We had lunch with the school officials and again continued to talk more about education.  Late afternoon we were treated to a tour of a Panda Research Center.  It was so spectacular to see these pandas close up and in person.  The neat part about this tour is at certain times of the day the pandas were actually outside of their fenced in areas.    

Here is a link I found that talks about the Panda Research Center.  These are truly amazing animals.








No comments:

Post a Comment