Friday, February 27, 2015

Learning Environment

Do you think education has changed? What about the ways in which students learn? As I was walking through our high school one day, I came across this student. This picture was not staged; this is in fact how this student was studying. He was fully engaged in his work and I hated to bother him but I just had too. Take a good look at his setup and his learning environment...what do you notice? He has everything going for him: three devices, ear buds, book, paper, pen and a highlighter. Now think back when we were in school.  The first thought that comes to my mind is we didn't have any devices. The second thought is if we did we would have gotten in trouble for having a device or our technology out! 

Let our students fly and be creative!  As I told this student, there will be a day when classes from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. inside a school building will change drastically . Oh by the way, I was curious.... so when I got back to my office, I looked up this student's cumulative grade point average and it is 3.75! 


2 comments:

  1. Students' learning environments are unique to each and they will pull from what resources give them success. There are many resources students have available to them to meet their needs. I think back to my education and what was available and it doesn't seem like much nor was it very accessible. I love seeing the multitude of ways students take on their learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment and how true! Wow how education has changed!

    ReplyDelete